A custom ROM running on your third-generation Motorola Moto G smartphone represents an element of freedom that you do not get from anything else related to your smartphones or tablets. From the moment we turn on our devices, we are already at the mercy of our phone carrier networks with unwanted system apps taking away from our performance. You might not know it, but the system apps your phone carrier networks and manufacturers put on your device are not even wanted by the official Android developers. The fact is that your phone carrier network and manufacturers will go again Android’s wishes and add them anyway.
Android developers, for the most part, are wanting you to experience what they developed for you which has hardly what you end up seeing at all. The good news is that Motorola devices are one of the best devices for coming as clock to stock Android as possible.
One of the custom ROMs that chooses to stick close to stock Android too is the official CyanogenMod custom ROM. The resurrection Remix custom ROMs are based on CyanogenMod custom ROMs and they too will always stay close to your stock Android. Knowing that, you can install this ROM with confidence that you are not losing performance or getting bloatware. At the same time, the resurrection remix custom ROM comes with a huge list of new features that are unique to the label and you will not find anywhere else.
Here is everything you need to install the resurrection Remix custom ROM on the third-generation Motorola Moto G smartphone so you can check out the unique features of this ROM and have them running on your smartphone:
Files You Need
- Download the Resurrection Remix Moto G custom ROM file from here.
- You must root and install a custom recovery on the third-generation Motorola Moto G smartphone before you can use this guide to install a custom ROM on the smartphone.
- The steps you will find in this guide are in reference to those who are using TWRP as the custom recovery. The steps will vary slightly if you are using one of the other popular custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod Recovery.
Installing the resurrection Remix custom ROM on the third-gen Motorola Moto G smartphone
- Download the resurrection Remix custom ROM from the files section above and have it waiting on the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Motorola Moto G 2015 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the resurrection Remix custom ROM file over to the internal storage SD card and make sure it’s at the root of that SD card.
– the root of the SD card on your Moto G is referring to keeping it at the top-level and not hidden in one of its sub folders or else the file will not show up from the recovery later.
- Unplug the Moto G 2015 from the computer once you have the file on your internal storage.
- Boot the Moto G 2015 in recovery mode by using the hardware button combination for that mode.
- Choose the Backup option from the main TWRP menu and it will give you the option to take a NANDroid Backup of your data.
- Choose the Wipe button from the TWRP menu and it will wipe the data on your device and then hard reset the device.
- Choose the Install option from the main recovery menu and it will guide you through to uploading your resurrection Remix custom ROM zip file which you copied to that same location earlier.
- Swipe the bottom of the display where it tells you to swipe to confirm the installation and wait for a few seconds for your ROM to be installed.
- Choose the reboot system option from the main TWRP menu and it will now reboot your Motorola Moto G smartphone to normal mode.
In conclusion, that’s how to install the Resurrection Remix custom ROM on the third-generation Motorola Moto G smartphone. Your new ROM has officially replaced the stock ROM and you will need to flash the stock ROM manually when you wish to run that on your device in the future.