PAC-ROMs should always be a go-to choice for anyone who owns a device that is capable of running the aftermarket firmware. The PAC-Man custom ROMs are a mixture of what the developers consider to be the best custom ROMs available, always including the work of AOSP builds, the official CyanogenMod work and Paranoid Android. Those three ROMs mean your device comes with about as many features as one could ask for, but it also uses up more memory than a device with less cable hardware can handle.
The PAC-Man custom ROM in this guide features aftermarket firmware that is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, a new greeting that is available from the status bar, a new status bar brightness slider and charging animations. Furthermore, you will find new button settings, new lock screen colors to choose, breathing notifications, Audio FX and still a bunch of other useful features like the floating windows available.
Here is everything you need to install the PAC-ROM custom ROM on your Motorola Moto G 2015 smartphone so you can start using all the features listed above. You will need to have rooted the Moto G 2015 and installed a custom recovery before you can use this guide to install your new custom ROM on the smartphone.
Files You Need
- Download the PAC-ROM for the third-generation Motorola Moto G smartphone from here.
Installing PAC-MAN on the Motorola Moto G 2015
- Download the PAC-ROM from the link above and have it on the desktop of your computer. Do not extract the file — it needs to remain in zip format.
- Connect the third-gen Moto G smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the PAC-ROM zip file over to the root folder of your internal storage SD card.
– keeping it in the root folder level means keeping it at the topmost folder and not in any of the sub folders or else you will not be able to find it later when loading it from your custom recovery.
- Unplug your Moto G from the computer once you know the PAC-ROM file is on your SD card.
- Press the Power button and choose to switch off your Moto G from the Power menu.
- Reboot the Moto G 2015 to your custom recovery by pressing the hardware button combination for the recovery mode.
– you may also be interested in installing the Quick Boot application from the Google Play Store instead of attempting to get into recovery mode using the hardware buttons.
- Choose the option to backup from the main menu and it will take a NANDroid backup of your data.
- Choose the option to wipe the system from the main menu and it will perform a factory reset and wipe the data.
- Choose the option to install from the main recovery menu and it will direct you to the SD card where you can upload your custom ROM zip file.
- Once the ROM is flashed, choose the option to reboot the system and you’re done.
In conclusion, that’s how to install the PAC-ROM on the Motorola Moto G 2015 smartphone. Your stock ROM is now wiped and replaced with a custom ROM. You should wipe the data and factory reset before you will flash each ROM in the future.