The Maverick custom ROM comes in two versions of the Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile subscribers. The one most people are installing is the version that is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop because it offered a way in which people could update the operating system ahead of what the manufacturer and phone carrier networks were rolling out over the air. However, the other options is always an attractive option too, giving users the chance to install one of the most debloated custom ROMs out there on the aftermarket for the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone.
Here is everything you need to install the Maverick custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone for the subscribers to the T-Mobile phone carrier network. The guide requires a custom recovery. Our steps are always going to be for TWRP Recovery because it is the best custom recovery. However, that doesn’t always mean we have a guide for installing TWRP. You may need to install ClockworkMod Recovery for now and then update to the TWRP Recovery at a later date when it becomes available for your device.
Files You Need
- Download the Maverick Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM file for the Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile subscribers from here.
You must have a custom recovery installed on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone before you can use this guide to install a custom ROM on the device. It’s that way no matter what custom ROM you want to install because you cannot upload your zip files from a stock recovery partition that comes out of the box with your device.
You are to follow this guide using the T-Mobile version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone only. You can always check out the model number of your S5 smartphone by tapping on the Settings app > About Device > Model Number. Any other phone carrier network device will get bricked by following this guide. You will need to find unique ROM files on other carrier networks.
Installing the Maverick Android 5.1.1 custom ROM on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5
- Download the Maverick custom ROM zip file from the files section above and have it waiting on the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable and copy the Maverick ROM zip over to the internal storage SD card.
- Unplug your S5 device from the computer once you have completed the transferring of the ROM file.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S5 by T-Mobile and reboot the device to the recovery mode by pressing the hardware button combination for that mode or by installing the Quick Boot application from the Google Play Store.
- Tap on the Backup option from the main Recovery menu and backup the data on your smartphone so you can restore it again later.
- Choose the Wipe button from the main recovery menu and then wipe the data on your smartphone and apply the factory reset.
- Choose the Install button from the main recovery menu and browse the S5’s SD card for the Maverick ROM zip file you copied there earlier.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Maverick ROM installation and then choose to reboot the system from the menu when done.
In conclusion, that is all you need to install the Maverick custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone for the T-Mobile subscribers. You will now find the S5 smartphone automatically reboots after you press the Reboot system button, and then you will see your new custom ROM booting up[ on the display. There is no way of switching back to the stock ROM of your Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone without flashing that file manually using the Odin application and a Windows computer. Always factory reset your device before flashing a new ROM.