As far as new ROMs that are based on Android Lollipop operating systems go, you should install the LolliOZOP custom ROM above all others. If you recognize the name ‘OZOP,’ that’s because there is another custom ROM made for the T-Mobile S5 under the same OZOP name. As we mentioned in the other post, the OZOP acronym stands for One Zip One Place and it is a unique custom ROM to the S5 smartphone. The difference is this version is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop, so you get the Lollipop features along with the Samsung TouchWiz.
Here is everything you need to install the LolliOZOP custom ROM on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone using a custom recovery that you installed earlier and a computer. We always recommend you transfer the ROM files from your computer to the internal storage SD card because it’s the safest way for you to transfer your data. From there you will upload the ROM from your internal storage SD card from within the new recovery environment.
Files You Need
- Download the LolliOZOP custom ROM file for the Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile subscribers from here.
You must have a custom recovery installed on the Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile smartphone before you can install a custom ROM using this guide. You can choose from any version of custom recovery that you can find available, and it does not have to be our guide. However, our steps in the tutorial are for people who are using Team Win’s TWRP Recovery. We are aware that our guide shows you how to install ClockworkMod Recovery, but we recommend updating to TWRP Recovery when it becomes available for your device because it is the better custom recovery image to be running. ClockworkMod Recovery — developed by renowned hacker Koushik Dutta — is no longer an active custom recovery image. In fact, TWRP is the only recovery partition worth considering unless you are installing a CyanogenMod-based custom ROM and would like to try the CyanogenMod Recovery instead.
Installing the LolliOZOP custom ROM on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone
- Download the LolliOZOP custom ROM file directly to the computer and have it on the desktop.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the LolliOZOP ROM file to the internal storage SD card and make sure you do not hide it in any of the subfolders.
- Unplug your smartphone from the computer now and then reboot it into the recovery mode for the custom recovery to come up on the display.
- Choose to backup your device by tapping on the Backup button which will guide you through to taking the NANDroid Backup from the custom recovery image.
- Tap on the option to wipe the data and then apply a factory reset from the recovery menu.
- Make sure you wipe the caching options from the recovery menu, including the Dalvik cache if you want to play it safe.
- Tap on the button that says Install from the main recovery menu and then follow the on-screen guidelines to browse the SD card and then install the SuperSU application.
- Once the flashing of the SuperSU is done, choose the option to reboot the system from the recovery menu.
In conclusion, that is how to install the LolliOZOP custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile smartphone using your custom recovery image. You will find the smartphone automatically reboots by itself now, and the new custom ROM is loading on the display. It has replaced the stock ROM now until you choose to flash that stock ROM on your device in the future. You should always be flashing your stock ROMs using the Odin flashing tool and manually after you start running the aftermarket firmware. You can find your stock ROM from the Sam Mobile website. The slow download will take around an hour to download to your computer.