LG G3 is a high-end device and it has all the important things in it like a good CPU, but the stock Android use it at a normal level. However, to take it to the higher level you need to root your phone and need to install a custom ROM which lets you to overclock it. After that you will be able to get run high-end games easily on your phone.
The custom ROM you are going to install is a nightly build that means is could have some bugs (not so big) but you will get OTA updates for this ROM when they arrive which will make it more stable.
CyanogenMod are still producing what we call the best custom ROMs available today. The third-party developers behind this team create some of the most astounding custom ROMs that are often just as stable as stock Android versions, provided you are installing the stable version and not a nightly build. From installing custom recoveries, flashing custom ROMs, removing bloatware, overclocking the CPU, increasing the internal memory and more. There’s always something to do with a rooted Android.
- Make a backup of your important data stored on your device because installing ROM will format the internal memory.
- Charge your phone to at least 50% battery so it won’t go off during the installation process.
- This process is only for LG G3 VS985 only. Do not try to install it on other devices.
Steps to install CM 12.1 nightly custom ROM on LG G3:
- First go to this page and download the CM 12 Nightly custom ROM zip file to your PC and save it on the desktop.
- Now go to this page and download the suitable Google apps zip file to install on your phone, this package has all the essential Google apps which are needed to make your phone work better, Google Play Store, You Tube, G-Mail etc.
- After that you need to transfer these zip files to your phone using the USB cable.
- After that disconnect your phone and boot it to recovery mode, first turn your phone off and turn it on using the Power button and volume down button together and when you see LG logo let go the buttons and press them again. You will see a hard reset screen just say yes to it and your phone will boot into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode first tap on “Wipe” and then confirm to wipe all the data and cache.
- After that, come to main menu and tap on “Install” then select the ROM zip file and confirm to install it on you phone, it will take some time.
- After installation gets finished, install the Google Apps zip file in the same way as the ROM zip file.
- After installation go back to OS mode by taping on “reboot” then “system”.
Wait for some time and you will see the welcome screen, just fill all the details and finish the setup and use your phone as always. And if you have any query about this ROM or installation process, you can contact me using the comment section below.
Those preferring to not install a custom ROM, can easily unroot the LG G3 by following that guide.