Samsung is making smartphones like when Nokia use to do that back when it’s life. Now after S series Samsung made an “A” series which have three models one is budget, one is mid-range, and the third one is a premium smartphone. We are not talking about the budget or premium one; we speak of the middle one. Samsung is now busy in upgrading the premium smartphones like Note 5 or Galaxy S6 Edge and don’t have time to release an upgrade for these devices. Don’t worry we got your back and brought you a custom ROM, which will update your phone to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Here is everything that you need to update the Samsung Galaxy A5 smartphone to an Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based custom ROM:
Points to remember:
- First, you need to root your Samsung Galaxy A5 and install a custom recovery on it.
- You also need to backup all of your data before installing a custom ROM, or you will loose all of your valuable data.
- Only install this custom ROM on your phone if you know what you are going to do, this process may also void your phone’s warranty.
- This custom ROM installation is only for Samsung Galaxy A5, do not try to use this process on any other Samsung or Android variant.
Steps to install CM 13 on Samsung Galaxy A5:
- Download CM 13 custom ROM zip file from here and save it on your PC.
- Download Google apps zip file from here and also save it on your PC.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy A5 phone to your PC and transfer both the zip files on your phone.
- After transfer disconnect your phone from PC and reboot it to recovery mode.
- To reboot it to recovery mode shut it down and boot it by pressing and holding the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key together.
- In recovery mode tap on Wipe and swipe to confirm the process ad wipe out all the system memory.
- After that is complete, tap on “Install” and select the CM 13 ROM zip file and confirm to install it on your device.
- After installation completes tap again on Install and this time, install the Google apps zip file.
- Finally, tap on “Reboot” and then the “System” to reboot your phone to OS mode.
Now you are all set, just follow the setup process and make your phone personal again. All the queries should be done in the comment section below.
In conclusion, that is everything that you need to update the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone to the Android 6.0 Marshmallow software updates by using a CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM. As you know, CyanogenMod custom ROMs are not stock ROM since third-party developers make them, and that means your warranty will be automatically void. Custom ROMs are also best reserved for the experienced Android users as they are not easy to troubleshoot if something goes wrong and there is always an element of risk involved.