The LG G4 with model number D815 can now install the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow and without the help from a custom ROM. The Android 6.0 software version is the latest on any device and only just released on two nexus devices — the Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X — a few days ago. Well, the G4’s aren’t far behind, with the International variant having the over the air update rolling out now. If you currently have root access and do not want to accept that update, you can install the same Android 6.0 build by using this guide instead.
The Files You Need
- Download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow official software update from this page.
- Download the Visual RunTime Utility from Google Drive here.
- Download the flash tool from this hosting page here.
- The following guide installs an official software update n your device with model number D815. You are not voiding the warranty by following this guide however, you should only follow this guide if you have that same model number. It’s the International variant of the LG G4.
Updating the LG G4 (International) with Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Extract the Flashtool and the Visual C++ files on the computer. Do that by right-clicking over the file and selecting the ‘extract here’ option.
- Start with the LG G4 completely off by long-pressing the Power button.
- Reboot the LG G4 into Fastboot mode and connect it to the computer.
- Extract the official firmware file (KDZ file) and transfer it over to the Flashtool folder.
- Double-click over the LGFlashtool2014.exe and get that tool to run on your computer.
- Choose CDMA from the ‘Select Type’ menu in the Flashtool.
- Set the PhoneMode to DIAG.
- Click where it says KDZ file and upload the official H81520A_00.kdz firmware file.
- Those coming from a custom ROM must select the CSE option. Those coming from a stock software update (those without a custom recovery or root access should choose the Normal mode.
- Click the Start button and the Flashtool will now take over and flash your device with that Android 6.0 Marshmallow official software update.