If you want to update the operating system of your Samsung Galaxy Young smartphone, you should unroot the device first. Accepting over-the-air notifications is risky for Samsung owners with root access. You should always look to unroot the device first by flashing a stock software update manually.
It doesn’t matter what stock update you choose to flash for the unrooting process. For example, if you have the Android KitKat stock ROM to flash, but know the latest software update is Android Lollipop, you may still flash that KitKat software update. Furthermore, once your device is unrooted, you will get future software update notifications. So, even though you are running KitKat, you will find the Android 5.0 Lollipop notification arriving over the air for a future update.
The software updates I’ve talked about the introductions are just an example and aren’t necessarily the software updates associated with your device. However, the same rule applies.
The Files You Need
Download the stock ROM for your country or region.
- United Arab Emirates
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
If you own the Samsung Galaxy Young Duos with model number S6312 and your device is not on the list above, you can find your stock ROM from Sam Mobile and unroot it using the same guide we have below.
Download the Samsung USB Drivers directly to the Windows PC. You can only follow this guide if you have a Windows PC. Any operating system is fine from Windows XP and up. The Odin flashing app doesn’t work with any other operating system.
Download any version of the Odin flashing tool from our page here.
How to Unroot Samsung Galaxy Young Duos S6312
- Find the stock ROM for your country above and unzip the firmware file on the desktop.
- Right-click over the file and choose to “extract here”.
- Now that you can see the stock ROM, do the same with the Odin flashing tool. Unzip Odin by right-clicking over the file and choose the “extract here” option.
- Start with your Samsung Young Duos turned off by holding in the power key until it’s completely off.
- reboot it in download mode by pressing the Home + Power + Volume Down keys.
- Wait until you see the warning screen and press the Volume Up button. Now you are ready to continue.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Young Duos to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click the AP or PDA button in Odin. Browse the desktop for the stock ROM file.
- Once you’ve uploaded the file, click the Start button without changing any of Odin’s default Settings.
Soon your device will be flashed with the new firmware update. The Odin app will tell you “pass” on the computer’s display and that’s when you can unplug the handset from the computer.