Did you root your Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone and now wish you didn’t? No worries, we can unroot the device and give it that stock ROM you want back just like it was out of the box.
All you have to do is follow the step-by-step guide after the drop to get the job done.
This is what you need to unroot the Samsung Galaxy Ace (S5830) smartphone, so your Android operating system is back to its same “locked” state that won’t allow for root applications to run. That should result in some additional security perks for your device.
The files You Need
Download the stock ROM for your country from the links below:
- United Kingdom
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
Download the Samsung USB Drivers from the official Sammy website.
Download any version of Odin from the direct links. We recommend using the Odin 3.07 or the Odin 3.09.
You can only follow this guide using a Windows PC or notebook with a USB port in the side. The Odin app only works with the Windows operating system from Windows XP and up. Moreover, the PC must have a USB port so you can connect the Samsung smartphone.
The guide is made for people who own the Samsung galaxy Ace S5830. Do not try using this guide if you don’t have that same model number. You can learn what your model number is anytime but navigating to the Settings > About Device menu and taking a look at the number from there.
Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
- Extract the stock ROM folder and the Odin flashing folder to the desktop of the Windows PC.
- Run the Odin flashing tool. Leave it open because we are coming back to it shortly.
- Make sure you have the Samsung Galaxy Ace turned completely off by holding the Power button in for ten seconds.
- Reboot the Galaxy Ace to the download mode: Volume Down + Home + Power button for 5 seconds.
- If you see the warning screen with a yellow triangle, press the Volume Up button.
- Now that you are in the download mode, connect the galaxy Ace to the PC with the USB cable.
- Since the Odin tool is already running, it should have no worries detecting your device.
- Click the AP or PDA button — depending on the version of Odin you are using.
- Click the Start button in the Odin app and wait for it to finish flashing your device with the stock ROM (firmware).
Once it’s done, you should see a “pass” message on the display. That means you are now ready to disconnect.