Many of the Huawei phones are easily unrooted by flashing a stock Android ROM over the current rooted ROM.
You might hear that you shouldn’t update a phone if it’s rooted. That makes sense when talking about automatic over the air updates. However, we can still install firmware files (stock ROM) manually. That’s what we are doing here today to unroot the Huawei Ascend 2.
The Files You Need
- Download the stock ROM for the Ascend 2 from this Android Forums page.
- These steps to unroot the Huawei Ascend 2 are for a Windows PC only.
- Furthermore, you need to back up the data before starting the guide. You will wipe the data and lose any unsaved work. If you do backup the data, you can then restore that data later.
Unrooting The Huawei Ascend 2
- Download the stock ROM from the forum page directly to the desktop of the Windows computer.
- Unzip the ROM file by right-clicking over the file when it’s on the desktop and choosing the ‘extract here’ option.
- Connect the Huawei Ascend 2 to the computer with the USB cable you normally would use for charging the device.
- transfer the stock ROM to the SD card. that’s the internal SD card known as your standard storage.
- Unplug from the computer once you are happy the dload folder is now on the SD card.
- Long-press the Huawei Power button to completely switch off the device.
- Reboot the phone holding the Power + Volume Up + Volume Down buttons.
- Applying the three key combination will start the stock ROM flashing on your device.
- Wait until the firmware installation is complete and then shut down the device.
- Remove the SD card and remove the battery.
- Put both the SD card and battery back into the device.
- Select the dload folder.
- Now your Huawei Ascend 2 is unrooted. You can check that is true by downloading and installing the root checker app.