In order to prevent accidental modifications to the system files, most Android devices come with their bootloader locked. A locked bootloader does NOT allow any custom files to be installed on the device. It just tries to keep the device in its original state.
With that being said, we do have some adventurous users who would like to unlock their bootloader to try out various custom developments. Well, you do have a way to unlock the bootloader and get the custom thing running on it.
Here’s how you can unlock the bootloader on your Sony Xperia Z3 and get a custom recovery up and running on it:
Files You Need
1. This should erase all the data stored on your device. Please backup all the files that you wish to keep.
2. Download Flashtool to your computer. It’ll help you unlock the bootloader on your Xperia E3.
Unlocking the Bootloader on the Sony Xperia E3
1. Double-click on Flashtool executable and install the tool on your computer.
2. When Flashtool is installed, open the Flashtool installation directory followed by Drivers folder. Install the required drivers from there to your computer.
3. Launch Flashtool on your computer.
4. Click on BLU icon in the tool.
5. Hold down Volume DOWN and plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
6. Wait for Flashtool to do its things. When it’s done, unplug your device.
7. Plug your phone back in to your computer holding down Volume UP.
8. You should be able to see the IMEI number of your device. Copy it to your clipboard and click on Get Unlock.
9. You should be redirected to the Sony Bootloader Unlocking page. Select your device from the menu, enter your email address, and hit Submit.
10. You should receive an email from Sony containing a confirmation link. Click on the link and you’ll be taken to the Sony website. Once there, paste the IMEI number you copied earlier and click Submit.
11. You should now see an unlock code for your device. Copy and paste it into the Flashtool utility on your computer.
12. Click on Unlock button in the Flashtool.
13. Wait for the tool to unlock the bootloader on your device.
14. Your device should reboot.
The bootloader on your Sony Xperia E3 is now unlocked. That means, you can now install your favorite custom recovery on your Xperia Z3 and enjoy some of the greatest features it has for you.
You might also be interested in:
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone 2 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Oppo N3 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on LG G4 (Europe) Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader of Huawei Ascend G526 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P8 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola Moto E Smartphones