There are a few ways one can boost the ZTE Flash performance with root access. One of the ways is to install the XBooster app from the Google Play Store. Just like the RAM Booster app, the XBooster increases the RAM on your device to tweak the performance.
If the XBooster sounds like an app you are interested in installing, just complete the steps below and install it from the Google Play Store.
Files You Need
- Download the Flash rooting exploit from this page.
- Download the universal ADB driver by Koush from this page.
- You are voiding the ZTE warranty by flashing this guide. You can unroot the device by flashing the stock ROM and that will make the ZTE warranty come good again.
- You must follow this guide for rooting the Flash phone using a Windows operating system. Any version of Windows from XP and up will work. Some versions of Windows RT running on Surface tablets will not install any files outside of the Microsoft app store and therefore do not work with this guide.
Rooting the ZTE Flash
- Download the rooting exploit to the desktop of the computer.
- Once you have the file on the desktop, right-click and choose “extract here” and the file will be extracted.
- Double-click over the RunMe.bat file that is found inside that rooting file.
- Make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode turned on by pointing to the Settings > Developer Options Menu > USB Debugging Mode.
- Connect your ZTE Flash smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
- It should connect with your rooting exploit program that is open on the desktop.
- Follow the guidelines that rooting program gives you on the computer display to finally root your device.
- You may have to reboot your ZTE smartphone manually if it doesn’t reboot automatically after the rooting is complete.
- Now that your Flash phone is rebooted, you are ready to start installing every app that needs root access to work. You can find them available from the official developer websites or by visiting the Google Play Store.
We recommend installing the root checker application before anything else so you can double-check the guide did work for you. It is also handy to troubleshoot any rooted apps.