Every carrier in the United States sells the LG G3 with different model numbers. Since there’s a difference in the model numbers, the root method that works on one model may or may not work on the other one.
If you’ve looked for a method that works to root the AT&T LG G3, you’re at the right place. In the guide below, you’ll learn how you can gain root on your LG G3 that comes from AT&T and how you can go about customizing it with various root-requiring apps.
So, here’s the procedure for you, folks!
Files You Need
1. You must be using a Windows-based PC to be able to do this tutorial.
2. You should have LG USB Drivers installed on your computer. Do so if you haven’t already.
3. Download LG One Click Root to your computer. It’s the root tool that lets you root your LG G3 with a single-click.
Rooting the LG G3 (AT&T)
1. Double-click on the One Click Root file and wait for it to be extracted to a folder on your computer.
2. Turn on USB debugging on your device. It can be done by going to Menu->Settings->Developer options and tick-marking the box labeled as USB debugging.
If you don’t see Developer options in your settings menu, please head to Menu->Settings->About phone and tap on Build number for about 7-8 times until it says you’re a developer. You should then be able to see the aforesaid option in your settings menu.
3. Plug in your device to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Double-click on One Click Root executable and wait for it to launch.
5. When the tool launches, click on Start and it’ll start rooting your device.
6. It should take a couple of minutes to root your device.
7. When it’s done rooting, reboot your device.
8. You’re all set!
Your AT&T variant of the LG G3 is now rooted. You can confirm it for yourself by downloading and installing the Root Checker app on your device. The app should say you’ve proper root-access on your device.
That was the first step towards customizing your device. The next one is to install a custom recovery on your device so you can then flash your favorite custom ROMs on your device. Go ahead and get your hands dirty!
Furthermore, you may wish to unroot the LG G3 after checking out all the custom recoveries, custom ROM and root-only apps that are available from Google Play.