If you tried rooting your HTC Desire 820 using Vroot and it didn’t work for any reasons, here is an alternative method for you to gain root on your Desire 820.
While the previous root method didn’t require you to have a custom recovery on your device, this one requires you to have either CWM or TWRP be installed on your phone. If you have got one of these on your device, here’s how you can root your device:
Files You Need
- You must have a custom recovery installed on your device before you can do this tutorial. Please follow our how to install TWRP Recovery on the HTC Desire 820 tutorial to learn how you can install one on your device.
- You need to install the HTC USB Drivers on the computer if it’s running a version of Windows.
- This should flash SuperSU on your device to achieve root access.
- Download SuperSU to your computer. Don’t extract it, leave it as is.
How to Root HTC Desire 820 on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
1. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy SuperSU from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
3. When SuperSU is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
4. Turn off your phone.
5. Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do that, hold down Volume DOWN and Power buttons simultaneously.
6. Select Recovery from the options shown on your screen.
7. Your phone should reboot into recovery mode.
8. Select Install from the recovery menu.
9. Choose SuperSU .zip to be installed on your device.
10. Confirm prompts and wait for it to install SuperSU on your phone.
11. When SuperSU is installed, reboot your phone.
12. You should be rooted!
Your HTC Desire 820 should now be rooted, all thanks to SuperSU.
Head here to learn what you can do with a rooted Android device. It should give you some ideas you can do on your device.