If you’ve already flashed a custom recovery on your HTC Desire 300, it’s time that you go ahead and gain root-access on your device. While a custom recovery lets you flash custom ROMs, the root-access on your device should let you install the so-called root-requiring apps on your device. These apps come with some extra features that aren’t normally found in the regular apps we install on our Android devices.
So if you’re all set, here’s how to root your HTC Desire 300:
Files You Need
1. You must have a custom recovery installed on your device. If you have not, please head to our how to install CWM Recovery on the HTC Desire 300 tutorial to learn how you can flash one on your device.
2. Download SuperSU to your computer. It’ll be flashed on your device to achieve root-access.
Rooting the HTC Desire 300
1. Make sure you haven’t extracted SuperSU archive. Leave it as is.
2. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
3. Copy SuperSU from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your device.
4. When it’s copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
5. Turn off your phone.
6. Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do that, hold down Volume DOWN and Power buttons simultaneously.
7. Select Recovery from the options that appear on your screen.
8. Once in recovery, select install zip from sdcard.
9. Select choose zip from sdcard on the screen that follows.
10. Choose SuperSU .zip to be installed on your device.
11. Confirm the prompt and wait for it to flash SuperSU on your device.
12. When it’s done flashing SuperSU, reboot your device.
13. You should now be rooted!
Cheers! Your HTC Desire 300 is now rooted and you can confirm it using Root Checker if you have concerns about it.
Your phone is now ready to be loaded with root-requiring apps. Go ahead and grab those apps from the Google Play store!