If you would rather like TWRP Recovery than CWM on your Huawei Honor 6, then this guide is for you.
Getting the TWRP Recovery installed on the Huawei Honor 6 is as easy as issuing a couple of commands through command prompt and the recovery should be up and running on your phone. Easy peasy, isn’t it?
Files You Need
- You must have unlocked the bootloader on your phone before doing this tutorial. If you have not done so yet, please head to our guide here and follow the steps till 13 to get your bootloader unlocked. Once that is done, come back here and continue.
- You must have a computer that runs the Windows OS in order to do this tutorial.
- You should have Universal ADB drivers installed on your Windows computer.
- Download Fastboot to your computer. It should help you flash the TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- Download TWRP Recovery to your computer. It is the recovery that will be flashed on your phone.
Installing TWRP Recovery on the Huawei Honor 6
- First of all, uncompress files from Fastboot over to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- On your phone, go to Settings followed by About phone. Tap on Build number for 7-8 times and it will say you are a developer. When it does, the developer menu should unlock on your phone.
- Head back to Settings and tap on Developer options. Turn on the option that says USB debugging. Without enabling this option the following steps will not work.
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable.
- Open a Command Prompt Window in the folder where fastboot.exe, adb.exe, and TWRP Recovery are located. All of these should be in the same folder or the below steps will not work. To launch the CMD window, open the folder, hold down Shift on your keyboard and right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here.
- Type in the following command into the Command Prompt Window and press Enter:
- Your device should show up on the list.
- Next up, enter the following command into the CMD window and press Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone should reboot into the bootloader mode.
- Once your phone enters the bootloader mode, type in the following command into the command prompt window and hit Enter. Make sure to replace twrp.img with the actual name of the recovery image that you have downloaded to your computer.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Wait for it to flash TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- When it’s done flashing TWRP, reboot your phone by issuing the following command:
- Your phone should reboot.
- You are all set!
And the TWRP Recovery is now up and running on your Huawei Honor 6.
To get into the recovery mode, you can use either the “adb reboot recovery” command or the Quick Boot app which is available for free on the Google Play store.
There are a number of features to explore in the recovery menu, ranging from Install for installing a new custom file to Backup to help you backup your phone. Try them all out and see how they work for you.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Root The Huawei Honor 6
- How To Root The Google Nexus 6P On Android 7.1
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei Nexus 6P
- How To Root The Motorola Moto X On Android 5.1 Lollipop
- How To Root The LG G4 On Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.