TWRP custom recovery is the most popular custom recovery available on the internet, everyone wants to install it on their Android device because of the touchscreen feature. That’s something ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) doesn’t usually have unless you chose to install Philz Touch recovery. Now you can install the official Team Win TWRP recovery on your LG Volt. Your LG phone doesn’t have to be rooted before installing this recovery on your phone. Now get ready and grab some tools for installing this recovery on your phone.
Recovery is used for many reasons and the majority of them all is installing a custom ROM and custom kernels. You can also do this after installing this recovery on your phone. The TWRP recovery has some outstanding features like it never gets a freeze under any circumstances. Furthermore, it has a touch screen feature and you can install multiple zip files at a time.
You need some tools to install this recovery on your phone. You need a Windows-based PC operating system, a USB cable and your phone with sufficient battery and USB debugging installed on it. Do that by going to Settings > Developer Options > check USB debugging option from there. Sometimes people don’t see any Developer Options under the Settings menu because it requires unlocking. Do that by tapping the build number seven times from the About Device menu. Once done, you can easily see the new Developer Options menu from the Settings menu.
Making a backup of your important files and documents is compulsory before installing this recovery on your phone. Back up all of your important data to your PC, and backup your media files like photos, videos and music to your PC. You can also backup your contacts by syncing them to your Google account or exporting them to your phone’s SD card.
Steps to install TWRP on LG volt
- Download the ADB package from here and extract it to your desktop.
- Download recovery image file for your phone from here and move it to the extracted adb folder.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Open the ADB folder and right-click on the empty blank space inside the folder while holding shift key and select “open command window here”.
- On command windows type “adb reboot bootloader”, this will reboot your phone to boot loader of your phone automatically.
- Now type “fastboot flash recovery twrpvoltv2_bumped.img”, this will flash the recovery file to your phone.
- After installation type “fastboot reboot” on command window.
- Now access recovery mode on your phone and select “reboot system now” from there.
Excellent! You have successfully installed the most popular TWRP custom recovery on your LG volt. Now you can do some custom actions on your phone like installing custom ROMs and kernels. If you are facing any difficulty installing this recovery on your phone, then I’m here to help you. Just post your queries in the comment section below.
Additionally, you can find out how to boot the LG Volt into the custom recovery mode by following our guide for that task.