These are the instructions to install the stable DarthStalker custom ROM based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on the Samsung Galaxy Note 5. As you well know, the Sammy Note 5 is the latest smartphone out there for the Sammy phablet range. However, if you want the latest software update running, you’ll need to install a custom recovery and flash a custom ROM. The Darkstaker ROM is the ROM you want to check out. Here’s everything you need to know to install the custom version of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 smartphone.
The Files You Need
- Download the Darkstalker ROM from this page.
- You must backup the Note 5 during the guide and before you proceed to wipe the data.
- You must have a custom recovery installed on the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to use this guide. We are flashing the Darthstalker ROM from within the custom recovery. It doesn’t matter which custom recovery you choose; they all will work. The only difference is the instructions from the menus will slightly vary. Still, you’ll have no trouble understanding what we mean.
Installing Darkstalker Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Download the Darthstalker custom ROM directly to the computer.
- Do not unzip the file.
- Connect the Samsung galaxy Note 5 to the computer.
- Copy and Paste the Darthstalker custom ROM to the devices SD card (internal storage).
- Now unplug the Note 5 from the computer.
- You need to reboot the Note 5 in the custom recovery mode using the key commands or the Quick Boot app from the Google Play Store.
- Once you are in the custom recovery mode, you must take the NANDroid backup before doing anything else. The same goes for either of the custom recoveries available, including the TWRP recovery, ClockworkMod recovery and Philz touch recovery if it’s available.
- Now you need to wipe the data by selecting ‘wipe’ or ‘wipe data/factory reset’ from the recovery menu.
- Now navigate to the ‘install’ or ‘install from SD card’, depending on your recovery version.
- Upload the Darthstalker custom ROM file and continue to install it.
- Once you are done, navigate back to the main recovery window.
- Choose to reboot the system from the recovery menu.
Now once the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 reboots, you should have the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop running smoothly and stable on your Note 5 smartphone.