Karbonn TitaniumS5 Ultra smartphone owners can now root and install a custom recovery on the device to round-up the customizing experience.
The following guide teaches you how to install CWM Recovery on the Karbonn Titanium S5 Ultra device using the Mobile Uncle Tools app and the recovery image.
Files You Need
- Download your CWM Recovery file for your TitaniumS5 from this page.
- Download the Mobile Uncle Tools app from this page.
- You must have rooted the Karbonn TitaniumS5 Ultra before you follow this guide for flashing a new recovery.
- We know this guide works for the TitaniumS5 Ultra running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the kernel version 3.4.67.
- You are choosing to void the Karbonn warranty when you flash a new recovery on the smartphone. You can wipe the custom recovery and flash the stock recovery with your stock ROM and get the Karbonn warranty working again any time down the track.
Installing a custom recovery on the Karbonn TitaniumS5 Ultra
- Download and install the Mobile Uncle Tools APK on your device. You can also find the Mobile Uncle Tools app from the Google Play Store if you prefer.
- Download the CWM file to the desktop of the computer and extract the file by right-clicking and selecting the “extract here”.
- Connect the TitaniumS5 smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Copy the CWM Recovery to the root of the internal storage SD card of your Karbonn device.
- Unplug your Karbonn device from the computer once you have the custom recovery image on the SD card.
- Open the Mobile Uncle Tools application from your device’s app drawer.
- Tap on the ‘Recovery Update’ option from the menu.
- Follow the prompts to flash that recovery on your device and choose to boot the smartphone in the recovery mode once it’s done. Booting in the new recovery is important, so do not reboot the smartphone without entering the recovery mode.
Now that your TitaniumS5 smartphone is up in the custom recovery mode, you can choose to do any of the things you wanted out of your custom recovery, or just reboot it back in normal mode by tapping on the ‘Reboot System’ option from the main menu. The Reboot System button will reboot the device in normal mode and you can start using your device like normal.