You must install a custom recovery on the Huawei Ascend G300 if you want to install a custom ROM or take a NANDroid backup. Sometimes we don’t get a choice which custom recovery to install. In this case, we have the CWM recovery for the Huawei Ascend G300 for you to install if you don’t mind using that version. Others you might find include Philz touch recovery and TWRP recovery.
The Files You Need
- Download the ClockworkMod recovery image from this Modaco page here.
- Download the Fastboot file from this page here.
- These are the steps to install CWM recovery on the Huawei Ascend G300 smartphone. You must follow this guide using a Windows PC only. The operating system doesn’t matter; it will work for Windows XP through to the latest Windows 10 and beyond. Those with a Microsoft Surface running Windows RT or a different modified version of Windows will not get apps to install on the OS unless you download them from the Windows app store. Therefore, do not bother attempting to use these guides from a Windows RT operating system.
Installing CWM Recovery on the Huawei Ascend G300
- Extract the CWM recovery file on the desktop by right-clicking over the file and selecting ‘extract here’. You will only see that option after you drag it on the desktop.
- Extract the Fastboot file on the desktop.
- Check that you have USB Debugging Mode enabled on the smartphone. You can do that by navigating to the Settings > Developer Options USB Debugging. others will find it in Settings > Applications > Development> USB Debugging.
- Completely switch off the Huawei Ascend G300 by quickly pressing the Power button, followed by the Switch Off option. Alternatively, you may long-press the Power button.
- Reboot the G300 smartphone in Fastboot mode, otherwise known as bootloader mode and not to be confused with the Fastboot file you have on the PC. To get in the Fastboot mode, press the Power + Volume Down keys on the smartphone at the same time.
- Keep holding the keys for about 5 seconds and then you are in the bootloader mode.
- Connect the G300 smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
- From the folder where you have Fastboot, hold down the Shift key and right-click the mouse. A new menu should appear on your computer. Choose the open command windows here option from that menu so you can start typing commands in the command prompt.
- Type the first command: ‘fastboot flash recovery recovery.img’.
- Press the Enter key to confirm that command and it will go ahead and install the custom recovery on your G300 mobile phone.
- Reboot the smartphone and you should have the custom recovery installed.
- You can boot in that custom recovery mode by using the hardware keys on your device, or by installing an app from the Google Play Store such as the Quick Boot app.