Stock recovery is great and all but if you want to take your smartphone experience to the next level, you might want to consider installing a custom recovery. Recovery is a small partition, separate from the Android OS but is the brain of the device. Rooting it and installing a custom recovery unlocks many more features. Most awesome custom recoveries include CWM and TWRP. In this procedure, I’ll tell you how to install CWM recovery on your Xperia M2 LTE device. But be careful and try this method on your own risk. This methods voids the warranty and it can never be claimed again. If you don’t follow the steps carefully, you may end up with a bricked device.
Back up all your data. When you flash a custom recovery on any device, it wipes out all the data that you have on your device. You can use the cloud storage or dedicated backup and restore apps from Google Play.
- After this procedure, due to some reason the warranty of your device will be voided. We are not responsible for that.
- Do not let your turn off in the middle of the procedure as you may end up with a bricked device. Hence, you should have at least 55% battery on your device.
- This method is only compatible with the Sony Xperia M2 LTE. So try not to use this procedure for other devices; you’ll just mess things up
- This is an unofficial procedure. Neither Sony nor Google has anything to do with it.
- As a third-party app will be involved in this procedure, you’ll need a computer running on Windows.
- You also need to install the Android SDK from here.
- You’ll also need your phone’s USB cable.
- Also enable the USB debugging option on your device. Go to Menu > Settings > Developer options.
- It’s extremely important that you have enough battery on your device. Make sure it is charged at least 55% to avoid unwanted shutting down.
Installing the ClockworkMod Recovery on the Sony Xperia M2 LTE
- Download the CWM recovery file from here.
- Place the .img file in the same folder as Fastboot and Android SDK.
- Turn your phone off completely.
- Press the Volume Down button and the Power button both at the same time until a blue LED notification light is lit up. Connect your deceive with your computer via USB now.
- Go to the Fastboot folder and open the command prompt window. Click on any blank space while press down the Shift key on your keyboard.
- Type the command “fastboot flash boot boot.img” on the CMD window.
- Unplug your device and reboot it once the process is complete.