The following guide will install ClockworkMod recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone with the model number S5830. You can boot the handset up in the custom recovery and start taking NANDroid backups at any time. Furthermore, you can use the custom recovery to recover your Galaxy Ace if it ever needs a reset. The custom recovery is useful in much the same way as your stock recovery and still allows you to recovery a device with the same methods.
Similarly, you can use your new custom recovery for installing custom ROMs. Since the Samsung Galaxy Ace is getting older, many device owners are choosing to flash new ROMs instead of sticking with the outdated stock ROM.
Here is everything you need to achieve those three things on your Galaxy Ace device:
Files You Need
- Download the custom recovery for Galaxy Ace from this page.
- The following guide is installing CWM recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone with the model number S5830. You can check your model number matches by tapping the Menu > Settings > About Device and looking for the Ace’s model number on the display.
- Note that by flashing a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphone, you are choosing to void the warranty agreements you had with Samsung. You can flash a stock recovery and remove the custom recovery at the same time. When you do that the warranty is official working again. You cannot ever have both a stock and custom recovery at the same time. By flashing one you are removing the other.
How to Install ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
- Download the S5830 custom recovery from the files section above directly to the computer and shift it over to the desktop.
- Connect the Galaxy Ace to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the S5830 CWM recovery to the root of the SD card internal storage.
- Unplug the S5830 device from the computer and the USB cable.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy Ace into the recovery mode by pressing the Power, Home and Volume Up buttons.
- Choose the “apply update” option from the menu.
- Browse your Galaxy Ace’s SD card for the CWM recovery file that should still be zipped.
- Agree to flash the same by following the prompts on the display.
- Once done, go back to the main recovery menu of the Ace and choose the ‘reboot system now’ option.
The Samsung Galaxy Ace should now reboot back in normal mode and you can start using your smartphone as you normally would. Now that you have a custom recovery installed on the Galaxy Ace, you can open the Google Play Store application and browse for the Quick Boot app. Install the Quick Boot app on your device and use it to get into recovery mode whenever you want. Alternatively, you can choose to boot the Samsung Galaxy Ace in the custom recovery mode by using the same button sequence you used for getting in the stock recovery mode.