If your bootloader is unlocked, you’re all set to install a custom recovery on your Oppo N3. Once a recovery has been installed, you should be able to root your device which will then let you gain access to root-requiring apps.
So, here’s how you can do that:
Files You Need
1. The bootloader on your device must be unlocked before you can do the following tutorial. Please check out our how to unlock the bootloader on the Oppo N3 to learn how you can unlock your bootloader.
2. This should install TWRP Recovery on your device.
3. Make sure you have ADB USB drivers installed on your computer.
4. Download Minimal ADB to your computer. It helps you execute commands on your device.
5. Download TWRP Recovery Image to your computer. It is the custom recovery that will be flashed on your device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Oppo N3
1. Extract files from Minimal ADB to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Rename the recovery image to twrp.img. You can do that by right-clicking on the recovery image and selecting Rename.
3. Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Menu->Settings->Developer options.
4. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
5. Open a CMD window where ADB files are located. You can do that by holding down Shift and right-clicking anywhere on your screen and selecting Open command window here.
6. Type in the following command into the CMD window and hit Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
7. Wait for your device to reboot into bootloader mode.
8. Next, type in the following command into the CMD window and press Enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
9. Wait for it to flash recovery on your device.
10. When it’s done flashing recovery, reboot your device using the following command:
11. Your device should reboot.
12. You’re done!
You’re now rocking TWRP Recovery on your Oppo N3 that should help you do many things on your device that were not possible before.