Huawei smartphones might not be as popular as some of the other brands out there but they do have one thing going for them and that’s they run the same Android operating system.
Since Huawei smartphones are running Android, it means they get the same Google Play Store as every other device running Android.
There are a few reasons why that’s great. Firstly, the Google Play Store is probably the best app store in the world. And secondly, the Google Play Store is home to hundreds of extra useful apps you can download and install if your device is rooted.
This is what you need to get a custom recovery image installed on the Huawei Ascend G510-0100 smartphone.
The Files You Need
- Download Fastboot from the Modaco webpage from here.
- You must have root access on the Huawei Ascend G510-0100 before following this guide.
- Furthemore, you must have unlocked the bootloader on the Huawei Ascend G510-0100 before using this guide.
Installing a custom recovery on the Huawei Ascend G510-0100
- Download the Fastboot file on your computer and shift the file from the default Downloads folder over to the desktop.
- Right-click the mouse over the Fastboot file and select the ‘extract here’ option.
- Reboot the Huawei Ascend smartphone into the Bootloader mode. Do that by first turning it off, then rebooting by holding the Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- Double-click on the Install-Windows.bat file.
- Wait while that file flashes the custom recovery on your Huawei smartphone.
- Now you can reboot the device and start booting your device in the new custom recovery you just installed. Once you boot the smartphone into the custom recovery, you can take NANDroid backups and start installing custom ROMs.