These are the steps to install a custom recovery on the BLU Studio G smartphone using the Rashr Flash Tool. The custom recovery we are installing today on the Studio G device is the TWRP recovery. You all probably know TWRP recovery for being a touch-based recovery that does not use the Volume keys or the Power keys. It doesn’t matter which recovery you prefer using at this time since there is only the TWRP available for your device. We will cover the CWM recovery when it comes out hopefully.
- You must root the BLU Studio G smartphone before you can follow this guide.
- You are voiding the warranty by flashing a custom recovery on the BLU Studio G smartphone. You can flash the stock recovery back on the Studio handset and it will give you your warranty again.
- You can use a Windows, Mac or Linux computer to follow this guide for the Studio G, but you need to be able to install a file archive utility on the computer. You can find a file archive utility available for each operating system mentioned.
Files You Need
- Download the Rashr app directly to your smartphone.
- Download the TWRP recovery you want to install on the Studio G device directly on the computer.
Installing TWRP Recovery on the BLU Studio G
- Start by installing the Rashr application on your smartphone and then turn on your computer.
- Download the custom recovery file and extract it on the desktop of the computer.
- Copy the recovery.img over to the root of the SD card.
- Open the Rashr application from your app drawer and select the “recovery from storage” option.
- Locate your recovery.img file and agree to flash it when you find the file.
Reboot the Studio G handset and test out your new recovery. You might want to learn how to boot a BLU Studio G smartphone up into the custom recovery mode you just installed. You can do that with the hardware buttons or by installing the Quick Boot app from the Google Play Store. The Quick Boot app is only available for rooted users; that works for you since you must have been rooted to start installing the custom recovery on your BLU smartphone.