Safestrap is the only option you have to install a custom recovery on your Amazon Fire Phone. For most locked devices, Safestrap provides an easy way to flash a recovery so that the users can then flash a custom ROM on their devices.
Here’s how you can go about using Safestrap to install a custom recovery on your Fire Phone:
Files You Need
1. You must be rooted before you can do this tutorial. Please head to our how to root the Amazon Fire Phone tutorial to learn how you can root your device. Finish that tutorial and then come back here and continue.
2. Download Safestrap APK to your computer. It is what lets you install a recovery on your locked device.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Amazon Fire Phone
1. Connect your device to your computer with the help of a USB cable. Ensure that your device is in data transfer mode.
2. Copy Safestrap APK from your computer over to the internal storage on your device.
3. When Safestrap is copied, unplug your device from your computer.
4. Head to Menu->Settings->Security->Device Administration on your device and enable the option that says Unknown sources. What it does is let you install apps from outside the App Store on your device.
5. Open File Manager and tap on Safestrap APK to install the app on your device.
6. When the app’s installed, launch it from your app drawer.
7. Provide the app with the required Superuser permissions.
8. Accept the user agreement to be able to move forward.
9. Tap on Install Recovery to install the recovery on your device.
10. Wait for it to install a custom recovery on your device.
11. When it’s done installing recovery, tap on Reboot to Recovery to reboot your device into recovery mode.
12. You’re done!
Your Amazon Fire Phone should boot up into the custom recovery mode for you to flash a custom ROM or to do any task that can be done using a recovery on your device.