Android devices come with a separate bootable partition we call recovery mode that lets us recover our devices if something goes wrong. Since we use our smartphones and tablets all the time, it’s important Android as an operating system gives us a way out of trouble. They do that with recovery mode. Each Android device has its own recovery mode. It doesn’t matter what the manufacturer of your smartphone or tablet is, they all have the separate partition available. For example, if you have a smartphone from HTC, Samsung, LG, Xiaomi, Google, OnePlus or any other brand that use the Android operating system, they all have the recovery mode to recover the devices.
Entering Recovery Mode On The OnePlus One
- First you must completely switch off the OnePlus handset by long-pressing the Power button for 6-7 seconds until it is off.
- The other options you have is to press the Power button on and off quickly and select the ‘Switch Of’ from the display.
- Do not touch any buttons for roughly 5 seconds before heading to the next step.
- Hold the Power + Volume Up keys at the same time and do not let go of the keys until the screen changes.
- Soon you will see the Fastboot mode menu on the device’s display.
- Release both keys when you see that Fastboot mode on the display.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll through the Fastboot menu.
- Highlight the recovery mode option from the list.
- Enter the recovery Mode by quickly pressing the Power key just once.
- Now that you have made it in the recovery mode, you can take a factory reset or use any of the other options from the menu.
- Press the ‘Reboot System Now’ option from the menu when you want to reboot the OnePlus smartphone back to the normal OS mode.