Microsoft Edge is the new default browser experience for Windows 10. While the older internet Explorer is still running for some business editions of Windows, most users with a computer and laptop at home will be using the former project Spartan, now Windows Edge browser.
Since Windows 10 is such a large update and change from the Windows 8 operating system, it’s only normal we experience some bugs more-so than usual. To counter that fact, the Redmond company released several updates. All-in-all, the Windows 10 OS works really well and most bugs are gone. Along with bugs going, we’ve seen some new features arriving; one of those features is a new tab page in the Edge browser.
There are two ways you can customize the new tab page. The first way is by disabling it completely. The second is to disable the suggested content.
Disabling the tab:
- Head to the top right corner and click the ellipsis icon.
- Now click the Settings.
- Look for the “Open new tab with” option from within the Settings panel.
- Select the “Blank Page” option from the drop down menu.
- Choosing blank page is the trick for disabling it. You will no longer have a new tab page when using the browser.
Disabling Suggested Content:
The suggested content is obviously aimed to help you and not create problems for you by making your browsing more efficient. It uses it’s own data it collects about you to customize what it thinks will be content delivered you might prefer. Some examples include weather, apps, the news and sport. However, no one feature makes everybody happy — it’s impossible to do that. If you are one of the minority and prefer to not have that information presented in your Windows Edge browser experience, you can disable the suggested content.
- Tap the ellipsis icon from the top right side of the browser.
- Enter the Settings, the same way you did in the first guide.
- Look for the “Open new tab with” option once again.
- Choose “Top Sites” from the drop down menu and put the blank page option on there.