You can hard reset the Huawei Ascend P2 P2-6011 when you want to wipe all data including settings and apps from it at once. You can also take a hard reset if you want to try to solve software issues; however, sometimes you need to update the firmware to solve software problems, so check for software updates after hard resetting if software issues persist.
This tutorial demonstrates how to hard reset the Huawei Ascend P2 P2-6011 smartphone.
Hard Reset Huawei Ascend P2 P2-6011
You can hard reset the Huawei Ascend P2 P2-6011 smartphone from the Backup & Reset section of the Settings app and in Recovery Mode. Most manufacturers advise using the Settings first and then resetting via Recovery only if you need to. So, here is how to hard reset via Settings first:
Hard resetting the Huawei Ascend P2 smartphone wipes all data from it. So you need to take a backup first before you hard reset if you want to restore the data later. You can back up the device from the same section in the settings app before you reset it.
1. With the Huawei Ascend P2 turned on, tap Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory data reset.
2. Tap Reset phone > Erase everything.
3. Once the Huawei Ascend P2 restarts its Android oeprating system, all data will be wiped and the factory settings will be restored. This means all settings and apps are removed until you choose to restore them.
If you could not get access to your Settings menu, you will need to hard reset via Recovery instead. Here is how to do that:
1. With the Huawei Ascend P2 turned off, press and hold the Power + Volume Up buttons simultaneously.
2. From the Recovery menu, select Wipe data/factory reset.
3. Select Yes — delete all user data.
4. Select Reboot system now.
The Android operating system will reboot and the Huawei Ascend P2 will be factory reset. You will need to restore the data you backed up earlier if you want it restored on the smartphone.
In conclusion, that is how to hard reset the Huawei Ascend P2 P2-6011 smartphone.