The Sony Xperia Z5 device is a smartphone that can connect to a computer with a USB cable just like any other mobile device that runs on the Android operating system—but if that computer is running on Windows, then it needs to have the USB Drivers installed on it before the smartphone has any point connecting. There is no limit on the types of computers the Sony Xperia Z5 smartphone can connect to, but the Windows operating systems always need the USB Drivers installed because it’s just the way it works. Most people looking to do developing are the ones who need to have the USB Drivers installed. That goes for any firmware flashing application or flashing tool that you might use from the computer for the phone.
Setting up USB Drivers can sometimes be difficult also depending on what way you decide to do it. There are tools most manufacturers offer that are easy to install, but they don’t just give you the drivers themselves. Instead, they install larger files that include resources that the manufacturer would love to have installed on your computer and often have nothing to do with drivers at all. Others times you can find just the driver packages available from the computer but getting them installed is a challenge.
If you forget both of those and just try installing the Universal Windows ADB Drivers n the computer, instead you will not be sorry. The Universal ADB Driver is just one package that is simple to install, and it contains the USB Drivers for most of the main OEMs in the world, including Sony. It is all you ned to have the Sony USB Drivers installed on the computer that works perfectly for the Xperia Z5 smartphone.
Downloading the Sony Xperia Z5 USB Drivers for Windows PCs
1. Download the Universal Windows ADB Driver on the computer and then open the file once the download completes.
2. Make sure that the Sony Xperia Z5 smartphone is not connected to the computer and then proceed to the flowing step.
3. Click on the Next button to begin the installation.
4. Choose the folder where you want the Driver file to be stored on the computer by clicking on the Browse button or just leave it as the default folder if you don’t want it altered.
5. Choose to share the file with everyone on the computer by clicking the box available next to the Everyone word or keep it to the account that you are using now by clicking on the Just Me box.
6. Click on the Next button when you have made your choices.
7. Confirm the installation of the Universal ADB Driver on the computer now by clicking on the Next button.
8. Wait as the installation completes. You know it is done when the blue progress bar reaches the other side which only takes a few seconds to do so. The screen then changes.
9. Click on the Close button to close the setup wizard for the Universal ADB Driver.
The USB Drivers for the Sony Xperia Z5 smartphone is now installed on the computer that is running on the Windows operating system. You can connect the Z5 handset to the computer now, and the USB Drivers will automatically be working for your phone when you go to do the developmental work.