The ZTE Avid 559 is a smartphone that runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. Android 8.1 is a fairly new operating system version but it’s still more than a few years old already. Since apps are developed to run on the latest versions of Android (now Android 12) it can sometimes mean they drop support for older versions. Additionally, as developers add more code to their apps since the latest versions of Android can handle it, it naturally means those same apps may not run as well on older Android versions. Regardless, occasional lockups and freezes are a natural occurrence for every smartphone user, whether you run the latest version of Android or iOS. For that reason, Android comes with a built-in feature that allows you to take a hard reset to try to solve these everyday software problems.
How to Hard Reset/Factory Reset ZTE Avid 559 Smartphones
You can apply the hard reset/factory reset from the ZTE Avid 559 smartphone’s bootloader menu. Here is how you can do that:
1. Hold down the Power button to turn off the ZTE Avid 559 smartphone.
2. Restart the ZTE Avid 559 smartphone holding the Power + Volume Up buttons simultaneously for around three seconds.
3. Let go of the two buttons you were holding when you see the Android Recovery menu.
4. Use the Volume buttons to scroll through the list and select Wipe data/factory reset, and then confirm your selection by pressing the Power button.
5. When it asks if you want to Wipe all user data? This CANNOT BE UNDONE!, use the Volume buttons to select Yes, and then press the Power button to confirm the command.
6. Wait until you get a message at the bottom of the display that says something akin to … Set Factory Reset done … Data wipe complete.
7. When you get back to the Android Recovery screen again, use the Volume buttons to scroll through the list and select Reboot system now, and confirm your selection by pressing the Power button.
8. Once the operating system restarts, you can start using the device again if you like.