The CAT S48c’s Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor means it is a powerful smartphone and more than capable of giving you a smooth software experience for general use. Its Android 8.1 Oreo operating system is also relatively new still, which means you shouldn’t experience too many lockups during everyday use. However, no matter how new your smartphone software version is, and regardless of whether it is developed by Android or iOS, it is still prone to freezes and lockups that need to be solved with a hard reset. This is why every Android version comes with the option to take a hard reset by default.
How to Hard Reset/Factory Reset CAT S48c Smartphones
You can apply the hard reset/factory reset from the CAT S48c smartphone’s bootloader menu. Here is how you can do that:
1. Hold down the Power button to turn off the CAT S48c smartphone.
2. Restart the CAT S48c smartphone holding the Power + Volume Up buttons simultaneously for around three seconds.
3. Let go of the two buttons you were holding when you see the Android Recovery menu.
4. Use the Volume buttons to scroll through the list and select Wipe data/factory reset, and then confirm your selection by pressing the Power button.
5. When it asks if you want to Wipe all user data? This CANNOT BE UNDONE!, use the Volume buttons to select Yes, and then press the Power button to confirm the command.
6. Wait until you get a message at the bottom of the display that says something akin to … Set Factory Reset done … Data wipe complete.
7. When you get back to the Android Recovery screen again, use the Volume buttons to scroll through the list and select Reboot system now, and confirm your selection by pressing the Power button.
8. Once the operating system restarts, you can start using the device again if you like.