The following tutorial demonstrates how to see the resolution of a mixed reality headset when you use the Mixed Reality Portal app in a version of the Windows 10 operating system.
Mixed reality is the result of blending the physical world with the digital world. Mixed reality is the next evolution in human, computer, and environment interaction and unlocks possibilities that before now were restricted to our imaginations. It is made possible by advancements in computer vision, graphical processing power, display technology, and input systems.
Technological advancement is what has enabled mixed reality experiences. There are no devices today that can run experiences across the entire spectrum; however, Windows 10 provides a common mixed reality platform for both device manufacturers and developers. Devices today can support a specific range within the mixed reality spectrum, and over time new devices should expand that range.
How to See Mixed Reality Headset Resolution in Windows 10
You can see what the resolution for the mixed reality headset is from the Settings app in Windows 10. Here is how to do that:
Note: Since there is no way to adjust this setting, it is only displaying what the resolution of the headset actually is rather than giving you the option to change it from a drop-down menu of sorts.
1. Open the Settings app. See this tutorial for all the different ways in which you can open the Settings app in Windows 10: How to Open Settings in Windows 10 [Tutorial]
2. From the main Settings menu, click on the Mixed Reality icon.
3. From the Mixed Reality menu, click on Headset display, and then scroll down the right side of the same window and look under the Resolution heading.
Note: You will need to connect the Mixed Reality headset to see its resolution.
In conclusion, that is how to find out the screen resolution for the mixed reality headset, which is done from the Settings app rather than the Mixed Reality app itself.
- How to Uninstall Mixed Reality Portal in Windows 10 [Tutorial]
- How to Automatically Switch to Headset Audio When Using Mixed Reality Portal [Tutorial]
- How to Show Notifications on Head Mounted Display in Windows 10 [Tutorial]
- How to Run PC Compatibility Check for Windows Mixed Reality in Windows 10 [Tutorial]
- How to Choose Between Automatic or Manual Mixed Reality Visual Quality for Headset Display in Windows 10 [Tutorial]