While root helps you do many things on your device, unroot helps you get your device back to the stock ROM. Most users unroot their devices to solve any issues that they might be facing with their device, apps crashing too often, for example. If you’re facing such kind of issues on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition and you wish to unroot your device, here’s how you can do that:
Files You Need
1. Download the Stock ROM for your Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition to your computer. It has all the stock apps and the entire OS that will be flashed on your device.
2. Download Odin to your computer. You’ll use it to flash the ROM on your device.
3. You should only try this on a GT-I9515 device.
Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition
1. As always, right-click on both Stock ROM and Odin and select Extract here to extract files from the archives to your computer.
2. When the archives are extracted, double-click on Odin to launch it.
3. When Odin launches, click the button that says PDA and choose the Stock ROM file that you extracted earlier to your computer.
4. Ensure that Repartition is unchecked in the Odin.
5. Go ahead and checkmark the boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Power down your device.
7. Power up your device by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
8. Press Volume UP when prompted and you should enter download mode.
9. Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
10. Click on Start in Odin and wait for it to flash the ROM on your device.
11. When the ROM is flashed, the phone will automatically reboot.
12. You’re done.
The stock ROM has been successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition and your device is now unrooted.