These are the guidelines to unlock the bootloader on Yu Yutopia smartphones so you can go on to start customizing your smartphone.
Files You Need
- You will need to download the Yu USB Drivers on your Windows computer to unlock the bootloader.
- Download ADB on your computer so you can start typing some commands. You can install ADB for Windows, ADB for Mac or ADB for Linux. Note that the steps in this guide are only for ADB on Windows. The commands you need to apply might differ for Mac and Linux.
- Follow the setup through until the end for your drivers on the computer and then reboot the computer to get those drivers working reliably.
- Once you have your Yu drivers working on the computer, come back and start the guide below.
- You are voiding the Yu warranty when you choose to unlock the bootloader on the Yu Yutopia device. You need to re-lock that same Yu bootloader if you want to get the warranty working again.
- Unlocking the bootloader on your Yutopia smartphone will completely wipe the data clean. You need to take a backup of your data before starting the guide if you want to be able to restore your data later.
Unlocking the Bootloader on the Yu Yutopia
- Unlock the Yu’s hidden Developer Options menu if you cannot see it available from the Settings when you scroll down. You can unlock the Developer Options by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About > Build number at least seven times and it will tell you that you are now using the device as a developer.
- Turn on your Yu’s USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Options menu by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Stay within the Developer Options menu and this time enable the OEM Unlocking option.
- Stay within the Developer Option once lats time and uncheck the option for ‘Update Cyanogen Recovery’.
- Boot the Yu Yutopia in bootloader mode.
- Connect the Yu Yutopia to the computer using the USB cable.
- Wait a minute for the drivers to install for your Yu device on the computer — these will happen automatically.
- Open the folder where you have the ADB installed. From inside that same folder, right-click the mouse and hold the Shift key where there are no files.
- Choose to open a command prompt window from the menu.
- Type the first command:
fastboot -i 0x2A96 devices
- You should see a string similar to this if you drivers are working: 86fsdy85 fastboot
- Type the next command:
fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem unlock
- Type the last command:
fastboot -i 0x2A96 reboot
- Boot the Yu Yutopia in bootloader mode again and you will see the text stating the device is unlocked.
Now you can find out how to install a custom recovery on the Yu Yutopia smartphone so you can take complete backups, upload your zip files and get root access. The custom recovery we are installing is the new CyanogenRecovery. The Cyanogen Recovery has taken over from ClockworkMod recovery which is no longer active.
You might also be interested in:
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Honor 5X Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Wileyfox Swift Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Vibe X3 ROW (X3a40) Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola DROID Turbo Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia X Performance Smartphones