These are the guidelines to unlock the Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo so you can then move on to installing a custom recovery and rooting the device. Without unlocking the bootloader of your DROID Turbo smartphone first, neither of those two things will be possible.
Like you know, a bootloader is the first thing to load when you turn your Motorola DROID Turbo smartphone on by pressing the Power button. The bootloader itself will boot up on your Android operating system. In fact, it is your bootloader that will determine what partition is to load after assessing your requests. By default, this is usually the Android operating system because it’s programed to kick in if no other requests are made. But should you press the hardware button combination for recovery mode, it is your bootloader that will choose to boot that recovery mode for you.
As you now know, the bootloader is an important part of your mechanics. By default, your bootloader comes “locked” to the point where it prevents any additional operating systems from loading instead of the official ROM that is given to your device by Android, the manufacturer and phone carrier networks.
Files You Need
- Download the Sunshine app from here.
- To unlock the bootloader of your DROID Turbo, you must be running the build number SU4TL-44 and the 23.21.44.quark_verizon.verizon.en.US vzw system version.
- Note that unlocking the Motorola bootloader is always going to void the warranty. While that might be true, there may be some phone carrier networks that are still willing to cover you under warranty. Check with your mobile provider before unlocking the bootloader if the warranty is something that is important to you.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Your Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on your Motorola smartphone so you can connect it to the computer and use applications.
- Head to your About Phone menu and check that your DROID is running the same build number and system version mentioned above.
- Download the Sunshine application from the files section above and have it on the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the DROID Turbo device to the computer using the USB cable you usually use to charge the battery on the device.
- Copy the Sunshine application from the desktop over to the root of the internal SD card storage space on your smartphone.
- Install the Sunshine APK just like you would any other APK file using a File Manager from the Google Play Store.
- Enable the Unknown Sources option from your Turbo’s settings by tapping on the Settings > Security > Device Administration > Unknown Sources.
- Head over to the DROID Turbo’s app drawer and tap on your newly installed Sunshine application.
- Follow the on-screen Sunshine instructions to complete the steps of unlocking your DROID Turbo’s bootloader.
In conclusion, that’s how to unlock the DROID Turbo bootloader. Your smartphone will reboot, and you will see the warning message during the reboot letting you know that your bootloader is now unlocked.
You might also be interested in:
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Vibe X3 ROW (X3a40) Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on LeTv 1S LeX507 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on LeEco Le 1S LeX507 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia X Performance Smartphones
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P9 Plus Smartphones