If you are still running Android 4.3 on your Sony Xperia V, then the guide below can help you root your phone on this version of the OS.
The Android 4.3 version on the Sony Xperia V can be rooted using the universal Towelroot app, and all it takes for you to root your phone is a single tap on a button in the app. Once you do that, you get access to the root on your phone. No hassle of going through commands at all, and if that sounds good to you, here’s how you can root yours, too:
Files You Need
- In order for this tutorial to work, your phone must be running on the Android 4.3 stock firmware. Any other firmwares are not supported by this root method.
- This uses a one-click Towelroot app to gain root access on the phone. So, you do not actually need a computer if you can just download the app from its original source on your phone.
- Download Towelroot APK to your computer. You will use it to root your phone.
Rooting the Sony Xperia V running on Android 4.3
- Connect your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable. Ensure your phone can receive files from your computer.
- Copy Towelroot APK from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
- When Towelroot is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- On your phone, go to Menu followed by Settings. Tap the option that says Developer options and then turn on the option that says USB debugging. This option must be enabled in order for Towelroot to carry out its job.
- Once the USB debugging option is enabled, launch file manager on your phone and tap on Towelroot APK to install the app on your phone.
- Wait for the app to be installed on your phone.
- When the app is installed, open it from your phone’s main menu.
- When the app opens, tap the option that says make it rain. It is what triggers the app to root your phone.
- Wait for Towelroot to gain root access on your Xperia V phone.
- When Towelroot is done rooting your phone, reboot your phone.
- When the phone reboots, fire-up Google Play, search for and tap on SuperSU, and install it on your phone.
- Launch the SuperSU app when it is installed on your phone.
- The app should ask you to update the binary files. Allow it to do so.
- When the binaries are updated, you are all set.
- You are now fully rooted!
Excellent! Your Sony Xperia V running on the Android 4.3 is now rooted and is equipped with the SuperSU app.
If you are concerned about root access, please check out the post here to learn how you can verify proper root permission on your phone. If you get a positive response from there, you are all set.
Root access is usually followed by a custom recovery for most phones, including your Xperia V. So, head over to our how to install a custom recovery on the Sony Xperia V running Android 4.3 tutorial to learn how you can get a custom recovery up and running on your phone in no time.
Once you have gotten a custom recovery up on your device, you will have all the tools to customize your phone the way you want. It will then become truly yours with the freedom of doing literally everything!
You might also be interested in:
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On The Huawei P8
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei Honor 6
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Sony Tablet S
- How To Root The Sony Tablet S
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Sony Xperia V Running Android 4.3
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.