If you still happen to be a proud owner of the Sony Tablet S, it is time to shake the dust off your device as we are going to teach you how you can root your tablet and get some amazing things running on it.
The device was first launched back in 2011, and there does not seem to be anything interesting happening for it. However, the talented developers have not left out your device, and to prove that, they have come up with a method to root your device and to get the most out of it using the post-root tools that you can enjoy on your device.
If that lures you to root your Sony Tablet S, here’s how you can do that:
Files You Need
- This tutorial requires you to have a computer that runs the Windows OS. So, grab one before you go ahead.
- Please backup the data stored on your device as things may go wrong and your data can be lost.
- Ensure that the ADB drivers are installed on your Windows computer. If they are not, install them first.
- Download Root Package to your computer. It contains everything you need to root your Sony Tablet S.
Rooting the Sony Tablet S
- First of all, unzip files from Root Package over to your computer. To do that, right-click on the Root Package archive and select Extract here and it will unzip all the files for you.
- On your device, head to Menu->Settings->Developer options and turn on the option that says USB debugging. It must be enabled in order for the following steps to work.
- Once the USB debugging option is enabled on your device, plug-in your device to your computer using a suitable USB cable.
- Your computer should recognize your device.
- When everything is all set, right-click on run.bat that you extracted from the archive and select Run as administrator. The rooting tool should launch.
- Follow the on-screen instructions for rooting your Sony Tablet S. For the most part, the tool should do everything automatically and no user-interaction is required.
- Wait for the tool to gain root access on your device.
- When the tool’s done rooting your device, reboot your device.
- You are all set!
And there you go!
Your Sony Tablet S is now rooted, all thanks to the one-click rooting solution that made the entire job of rooting the device much easier for all of us.
Now that you have root access on your Tablet S, you can go ahead and visit our how to flash a custom recovery on the Sony Tablet S tutorial to install a custom recovery on your device.
Installing a custom recovery has many advantages, such as it lets you flash a fully functional and customized version of the OS – aka custom ROM – on your device, and it also lets you fully backup your system to be restored at a later time. After all, the real fun is changing everything on your device than just tinkering around each element and trying to make them perfect.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On The Huawei P8
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei Honor 6
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Sony Tablet S
- How To Root The Sony Xperia V Running On Android 4.3
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Sony Xperia V Running Android 4.3
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.