If you are a die-hard fan of TWRP Recovery and would like to have it on your Huawei P8 phone, you are at the right place. The following guide should teach you how you can flash this recovery and get it running on your phone.
The recovery brings with it options like Install – for installing a custom zip, Backup – for backing up your system, and so on. As you install and use it on your phone, you will get to know all the features it has for you.
So, jump onto the steps below and get the recovery flashed on your beast!
Files You Need
- You do not need to be rooted in order to do this tutorial. In fact, you can gain root after flashing this recovery on your phone.
- This flashes the TWRP custom recovery on your phone. If you would like to flash ClockworkMod recovery, please head to our how to install CWM Recovery on the Huawei P8 tutorial to do that.
- You must be running a Windows-based computer to do this tutorial.
- You should have ADB drivers installed on your Windows computer.
- Download Fastboot to your computer. It will help you execute commands on your phone.
- Download TWRP Recovery to your computer. It is the custom recovery file that will be flashed on your phone.
Installing TWRP Recovery on the Huawei P8
- Extract files from Fastboot over to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- Unlock the developer options menu on your phone by heading to Menu->Settings->About phone and tapping on Build number for 7-8 times and it will say you are a developer. The developer menu should now be unlocked on your phone.
- Head to Menu->Settings->Developer options on your phone and turn on the option that says USB debugging.
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a compatible USB cable.
- Open a Command Prompt Window in the folder where you have extracted Fastboot files. To do that, open the folder, hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here.
- When the command prompt window launches, type in the following command and hit Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone should reboot into the bootloader mode.
- Once your phone has entered the bootloader mode, issue the following command to flash the TWRP recovery on your phone. Make sure to replace recovery.img with the original recovery image name.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Wait for it to flash TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- When it’s done flashing TWRP, reboot your phone using the following command:
- Your phone should reboot normally.
- You are all done!
And there you go!
The TWRP Recovery was successfully flashed on your Huawei P8 and you can reboot into the same using either the “adb reboot recovery” command or the Quick Boot app.
While the TWRP recovery works pretty much the same way as CWM, it has its own user-interface that makes it stand out of the crowd. If you are a fan of TWRP, you would simply love it being installed on your Huawei P8 phone.
Now that the recovery is running on your phone, use it to customize your phone beyond the normal limit. And that refers to flashing a custom ROM, flashing a custom kernel, and using the recovery in every possible way to change the working of your phone so that it meets your expectations.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei Honor 6
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Sony Tablet S
- How To Root The Sony Tablet S
- How To Root The Sony Xperia V Running On Android 4.3
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Sony Xperia V Running Android 4.3
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.