We now have working rooting methods available for the NTT DoCoMo variants of the Samsung devices. Follow the guide after the jump to see how you can root the Samsung Galaxy S6 DoCoMo handset using the updated CF-Root package specially made for the SC-05G and the Odin flash tool.
Files You Need
- Download the SC-05G rooting exploit you need from this page.
- Download the latest Odin flashing tool from this page.
- Download the universal ADB drivers from this page.
- Understand that you are agreeing to void the Samsung warranty by following this guide on how to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 DoCoMo variant.
- You may only follow this guide on the Galaxy S6 DoCoMo variant and using a Windows computer. It does not work if you are trying from a Linux or a Mac computer.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S6 DoCoMo SC-05G
- Download the rooting package to the Windows computer.
- Transfer it from the default download location to the desktop.
- Right-click over the file and select the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Do the same thing with the Odin flash tool and have it extracted to the desktop.
- Double-click the Odin flashing tool and it will run on the computer.
- Turn off the S6 DoCoMo device and reboot it in download mode by pressing and holding the Power + Home + Volume Down buttons.
- Connect the DoCoMo version of the Samsung Galaxy S6 to the computer using the USB cable you would normally charge the device with.
- Click the AP button or the PDA button you can see from the Odin user-interface.
- Browse the desktop for the SC-05G rooting file you extracted to the desktop at the beginning.
- Click the Start button and flash that rooting tar file you uploaded.
Wait for the Odin flash tool to give you the pass message before closing the app and waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S6 DoCoMo to reboot automatically. If yours does not reboot, you’ll need to get that done manually instead.