Owners of the DoCoMo variant of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge can now get root access to the same by flashing the new CF-Root tool made by Chainfire. You can use this version of the CF-Root package just like you would any other package with Odin and a computer.
There is nothing different with this version of the CF-Root rooting exploit in comparison to any of the others we know for Samsung devices. It’s enabling and flashing the SuperSU installer on your device so it can grant rooting permissions to any apps that ask for the same. It only does that with your permission, though, so make sure you research the applications you are granting access to the root file system of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge device.
Here’s how to root the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G on DoCoMo:
Files You Need
- Download the SC-04G rooting package you need for the S6 Edge from this page.
- Download the universal ADB Driver you need from Koush on this page.
- Download the Odin 3.10 flash tool from this page.
- By rooting your Galaxy S6 Edge DoCoMo smartphone using the Cf-Root tool by Chainfire, you are agreeing to void the warranty terms and conditions. So long as your device doesn’t come with any Knox security, you can unroot and get a warranty from Samsung back. Those devices with Knox security will never get the warranty legally working again. The Knox will trip and your device is not able to hide that.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SC-04G On DoCoMo
- Unlock the Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging Mode.
- Extract the rooting bundle on the desktop of your computer.
- To extract, just right-click over the file and select the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Do the same with your Odin file so it too is extracted on the desktop of the Windows PC.
- Double-click on the Odin executable file and run that Flash tool on the computer.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and reboot it in download mode. press the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons on the S6 Edge to reach the download mode.
- Look at the display for when it tells you to press the Volume Up button and get that done.
- Connect the S6 Edge to the computer using the USB cable you would normally use to charge the battery.
- Click the AP or PDA button you can see from the Odin user-interface.
- Click the Start button when you are ready to flash that file on your S6 Edge DoCoMo device.
- Wait for the Odin app on the PC to give you a pass message and the box light up with a color.
- The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge DoCoMo should now reboot automatically. If yours doesn’t, do that now manually using your fingers.
Once the S6 Edge DoCoMo reboots, you are ready to start installing your root only apps from the Google Play Store.