Getting root access on the Motorola Moto X Force running on Marshmallow is as easy as flashing a zip file using the custom recovery provided a custom recovery is already up and running on your phone.
Once you have rooted your phone, you should be able to run many custom things on it including the popular root-requiring apps.
So, go ahead and get your phone rooted using the following guide:
Files You Need
- You must have a custom recovery installed on your phone before you can do this tutorial. If you do not have one, flash one using our how to install a custom recovery on the Motorola Moto X Force tutorial. Return here when that tutorial is done.
- This should flash SuperSU to achieve root access on the phone.
- Download SuperSU to your computer. Do NOT extract it, leave it as is.
Rooting the Motorola Moto X Running on Marshmallow
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable and ensure your phone is able to receive files from your computer.
- Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone. Place the file on the top so it is easily accessible.
- When SuperSU is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn your phone back on in bootloader mode. To do that, hold down Volume DOWN and Power buttons together for a few seconds.
- Your phone should enter the bootloader mode.
- Choose Recovery from the bootloader mode to reboot into the recovery mode.
- When the recovery mode launches, tap on the option that says Install. It should let you install SuperSU on your phone.
- Navigate to your internal SD card storage and choose SuperSU .zip to be installed on your phone.
- Confirm installation by tapping Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- The recovery should begin flashing SuperSU on your phone.
- Wait for the recovery to finish flashing SuperSU on your phone.
- When the recovery’s done flashing, reboot your phone by choosing Reboot followed by System in the recovery menu.
- Your phone should reboot.
- You should now be fully rooted!
Congrats! Your Motorola Moto X Force running the latest Marshmallow has now been rooted.
Your phone now has both a custom recovery and root access to let you enjoy many of the custom developments on your phone. These developments include custom ROMs, custom kernels, custom boot animations, and so on. There are plenty of customization options when you have root and a custom recovery on your phone.
Before you start flashing custom developments on your phone, ensure you have taken a full backup of your phone using the newly installed recovery. You can do that by rebooting into the recovery mode and choosing the backup option and that should backup everything on your phone for you.
You can now go ahead and load up your phone with your favourite root-requiring apps, custom ROMs, custom kernels, etc. Make sure you only choose the files that are for your phone or you will end-up bricking your phone and it will make it hard for you to restore the phone. So play safely!
You might also be interested in:
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Huawei Y550
- How To Root The Huawei Y550
- How To Install CWM Recovery On The Huawei Y550
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Motorola Moto X Force On Android 6.0
- How To Install CyanogenRecovery On The Doogee F5
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.