These are the steps to installing CWM recovery (Philz touch version) on the Karbonn Machfive smartphone using the Mobile Uncle Tools application.
- You must have rooted the Karbonn Machfive before you can install a custom recovery on the device using the Mobile Uncle Tools application from the Google Play Store.
- Understand that yo are choosing to void the Karbonn OEM warranty by following this guide. You can flash the stock recovery back on the device. By flashing the Karbonn stock recovery, you are removing the custom recovery. Any time you return to the stock recovery, you are making the warranty work again.
- In order to complete this guide, you must have root access on the Machfive smartphone and therefore you will need to unroot the device before you can use the warranty — even if you have returned to the stock recovery. Luckily, flashing a stock ROM back on the Karbonn device is usually a way to unroot and install the stock recovery at the same time. You’ll need to look into your specific device to find out what you need. We do not research that for you.
Files You Need
- Download the CWM Phiz touch Recovery from this page.
- Download the Mobile Uncle Tools app from the Google Play Store available from this page.
Installing a Custom Recovery on the Karbonn Machfive
- Download the Mobile Uncle Tools app directly on your Karbonn Machfive smartphone.
- Turn on your computer and download the CWM Recovery file directly to the computer. Shift it over to the desktop after you download the file.
- Right-click over the recovery file and rename the file to recovery.img.
- Connect the Machfive device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Copy the recovery.img file over to the Mach’s internal storage SD card.
- Unplug the Machfive from the computer and the USB cable once you know recovery file is on the SD card.
- Navigate to your mach’s app drawer and tap on the Mobile Uncle Tools icon.
- Choose the ‘Recovery Update’ from the apps menu.
- Browse the SD card for the recovery.img file which you know is your custom recovery.
- Follow the prompts to install that recovery file on your Karbonn device and then close the app when you’re done.
- Reboot the Machfive smartphone after you exit the app and then you are ready to start using your new recovery when you please.
You should find the same button sequence you normally use to enter the stock recovery mode will also boot the device in the custom recovery mode. Those of you who do not enjoy remembering button combinations can install the Quick Boot application from the Google Play Store. Those without Play Store accounts can find the same app online from other sources.