KingRoot claims to be the best one-click rooting tool for Android, and by that, they’re referring to the fact that they can root more devices than any other single tool in existence.
All up, KingRoot can get you root access to over one hundred thousands different smartphones and tablets on the market from all over the globe.
The team often releases different KingRoot APK versions, and each of those is compatible for more devices than the last.
When you download KingRoot for Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, what you’re doing is downloading the version of KingRoot that will work for all compatible devices that are running on that particular Android version. Since each APK release is made to be compatible with more devices than the last but it never takes away compatibility with existing devices, it’s relatively straightforward to be able to make that distinction.
While KingRoot doesn’t provide the official compatible product list, the chances are quite high for success given how many devices it is said to be suitable for. What’s more, the version of KingRoot coming from the official website’s homepage is always compatible with the latest version of Android possible. Nevertheless, if it were APK files that you wanted, we link you through to those as well.
KingRoot for Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will mean you have root access that can install all the same applications as you could if you were to be rooted on any other version of Android. Additionally, it means you can install the same root applications that you could from any other root method as well, one of which is the Purify app which can be downloaded from the official KingRoot website.
Most of the other root applications that will work for the version of KingRoot that you’ve used for Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will be available to download from the Google Play Store that you already know and love for regular Android apps. Root apps can always be downloaded whether your device is rooted or not; the difference is you can only run them if you can grant them the root permissions they need to be able to function.
Downloading the KingRoot universal one click rooting app for devices running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Enable the Unknown Sources option from your Android’s settings by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Download the KingRoot APK file from this page directly to your smartphone or tablet browser and install it that way. Others can download the file directly to a computer and copy the file over to the internal storage SD card. Anyone using the SD card will want to use a File Manager to transfer the KingRoot file from the SD card to the device’s app drawer.
- Open your app drawer and check out your new KingRoot app — tap to launch the app.
- From the main page, tap the large button that suggests it will grant root access to your device. (The exact wording of this phrases can change over time and will vary depend on what version of the app you are running).
- Wait until the progress bar reaches 100% and then gives you the “success” message on the display.
- Close the app and reboot your device before you do anything else.
- Head over to the Google Play Store and download the root checker app to check that it did work. You should find your device will now install any of the applications you have waited to try such as the Titanium Backup app or the Greenify app. The Xposed framework could also run on your device.
Some of you might want to check out how to unroot with the KingUser app and remove the KingRoot from the device, so it is running the stock Android again.