KingRoot claims to be the best one-click rooting tool for Android, and by that, they’re referring to the fact that they can root more devices than any other single tool in existence.
All up, KingRoot can get you root access to over one hundred thousands different smartphones and tablets on the market from all over the globe.
The team often releases different KingRoot APK versions, and each of those is compatible for more devices than the last.
When you download KingRoot for Android 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich, what you’re doing is downloading the version of KingRoot that will work for all compatible devices that are running on that particular Android version. Since each APK release is made to be compatible with more devices than the last but it never takes away compatibility with existing devices, it’s relatively straightforward to be able to make that distinction.
While KingRoot doesn’t provide the official compatible product list, the chances are quite high for success given how many devices it is said to be suitable for. What’s more, the version of KingRoot coming from the official website’s homepage is always compatible with the latest version of Android possible. Nevertheless, if it were APK files that you wanted, we link you through to those as well.
KingRoot for Android 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich will mean you have root access that can install all the same applications as you could if you were to be rooted on any other version of Android. Additionally, it means you can install the same root applications that you could from any other root method as well, one of which is the Purify app which can be downloaded from the official KingRoot website.
Most of the other root applications that will work for the version of KingRoot that you’ve used for Android 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich will be available to download from the Google Play Store that you already know and love for regular Android apps. Root apps can always be downloaded whether your device is rooted or not; the difference is you can only run them if you can grant them the root permissions they need to be able to function.
Download the KingRoot app to root your device running Android 4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Do not go ahead until you have the Unknown Sources option turned on by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Download the KingRoot APK file from this page directly from your web browser or on a computer. Anyone using a computer needs to transfer it to the root of the SD card internal storage and then install the APK with a File Manager.
- Once done, tap and open the KingRoot app that is now available from your app drawer.
- Tap on the big button that suggests rooting your device from the main page of the application.
- Wait and watch as the progress bar reaches 100% and then gives you the “success” message.
- Close the KingRoot application and reboot your device.
- You can open the Google Play Store on your Android device and start installing apps like Greenify or Titanium Backup.
Those wanting to return to the stock ROM can find out how to unroot with the KingUser app. Other versions of the KingRoot app come with an ‘Uninstall’ button featured within the same app.