These are the guidelines to install the Team Win Recovery Project custom recovery on the HTC Desire 510 smartphone from Europe.
A custom recovery such as TWRP Recovery can do everything your stock recovery on the HTC Desire 510 smartphone could do. The difference lies in what it can do on top of all the things your stock recovery does. The main advantages of a custom recovery like TWRP running on your Desire 510 include the adeptness to take full backups thanks to the NANDroid backup feature, the ability to upload and install zip files, create a flash queue like with the Flashify application, use themes, the screen timeout feature so it doesn’t burn the display and the built-in file manager. The built in file manager works for both the internal and external SD cards, so there is no need to install a third-party file manager from the Google Play Store.
Files You Need
- Download the TWRP Recovery for the European HTC Desire 510 smartphone from here.
- Download the ADB for Windows to complete this guide. You can also install ADB on Mac and ADB on Linux, but they require unique steps not issued in this guide. Anyone who knows how to use adb commands with either of those operating systems can go ahead and use them instead of this guide which is based on Windows operating systems.
Installing TWRP Recovery on the European HTC Desire 510
- Set up the adb on your computer that is running Windows and keep the adb folder open.
- Download the custom recovery and extract the file to the desktop, and then drag it over to the same folder as the adb you have. Now they are both within the same directory.
- Connect the HTC Desire 510 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Hold the Shift key and right-click within the adb and recovery folder where it shows you nothing but the white background.
- Choose to open a new command window here from the menu.
- Type the following command to enter bootloader mode on the HTC Desire 510: adb reboot bootloader
- Type the following command to flash your TWRP Recovery image: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Type the following command and hold the hardware button combination to boot recovery mode after confirming the command: fastboot reboot
The European HTC Desire 510 smartphone should now boot to the TWRP Recovery you just flashed and it will now forever be on the device until you choose to flash the stock recovery later.