If you already have a custom recovery, then gaining root on your Samsung Galaxy V is a walk in the park. Just flash the SuperSU package using recovery on your device and you should be rooted.
Here’re full instructions for rooting your device:
Files You Need
1. You must have a custom recovery installed on your device before you can do this tutorial. Please follow our how to install CWM Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy V tutorial to get a custom recovery up and running on your device.
2. This’ll flash SuperSU to achieve root-access on the device.
3. Download SuperSU to your computer. Don’t extract it, leave it as is.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy V
1. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy SuperSU from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
3. When SuperSU is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
4. Turn off your phone.
5. Turn your phone back on in recovery mode. To do that, hold down Volume UP, Home, and Power buttons together.
6. Once in recovery, select install zip from sdcard.
7. Select choose zip from sdcard on the screen that follows.
8. Choose SuperSU .zip to be flashed on your device.
9. Wait for it to flash SuperSU on your device.
10. When it’s done flashing SuperSU, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu.
11. You’re now rooted!
Your device should be rooted when it boots-up. Go ahead and enjoy the root-requiring apps on your device; they’ll all work flawlessly.