For those of our friends who prefer using TWRP instead of CWM, here’s how you can install it on your Samsung Galaxy V. While there aren’t any significant differences between these two recoveries, they differ in terms of appearance and maybe a couple of other options.
Here’s how to install TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy V:
Files You Need
1. You must have a Windows based computer in order to do this tutorial.
2. You must have Samsung USB drivers installed on your computer.
3. Download TWRP Recovery to your computer. It’s the Odin flashable version of TWRP.
4. Download Odin to your computer. It’ll be used to flash TWRP on your device.
5. This only works on the SM-G313HZ device.
Installing TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy V
1. Extract files from Odin to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Launch Odin by double-clicking on its executable file.
3. When Odin opens, click on PDA and choose TWRP Recovery available on your computer.
4. Make sure to uncheck Repartition if it’s already checked in the Odin.
5. You can checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time in the Odin.
6. Power off your device.
7. Power on your device using Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons.
8. Press Volume UP and your device will boot up in download mode.
9. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
10. Hit Start in the Odin and wait for it to flash TWRP Recovery on your device.
11. When it’s done flashing TWRP, your device should automatically reboot.
12. You’re done!
TWRP Recovery was successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy V and you can reboot into the same using Quick Boot on your device.