The Team Win Recovery Project, abbreviated as TWRP for short, is the custom recovery image that can have the most custom ROMs installed.
TWRP comes with a gorgeous GUI, one that is much better than ClockworkMod’s, thanks to it being a touch-based interface as well as it looking extremely modern. The GUI will even optimize itself to fit on a tablet’s display for when you are using tablets and not smartphones.
Once you boot TWRP up, you’ll see a bunch of different buttons, all of which are useful tools at your disposal. If you ever need to install an unsigned zip, then you just tap on the “Install” button. And between flashing your ROMs, you can back up and wipe using those respective buttons from the interface as well. Backing up is also incredibly straightforward with the NANDroid feature that allows you to back up certain partitions at a time, so you don’t have to wait around for a full backup to complete if you don’t want it.
This is what you need to install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo P2a42 tablets.
Details We Should Know
- The custom recovery images available in this guide are only to be installed on the Lenovo Yoga HD 10+ WiFi smartphone. Most devices have a custom recovery image developed specifically for it, and you shouldn’t install one that is intended for another device unless advised it is okay by a professional.
- You can follow this guide on any of the major three computer operating systems: Windows, Mac, and Linux. You just need to download the right platform-tools file from the Android SDK package when you’re on the Android website, which is walked through during the guide below.
Files We Need
- Download on your computer the latest version of TWRP Recovery: Primary (Americas) | Primary (Europe).
- Download on your computer the universal ADB drivers.
- Download on your computer the platform-tools from the Android SDK.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo P2a42 Smartphones
1. Make sure you’ve installed the universal ADB drivers on the computer (link above). That will make it possible for you to use adb commands as well as the Lenovo P2a42 smartphone. If you can’t get the Lenovo P2a42 smartphone connected to the computer, then you can also download the Lenovo USB drivers instead so the computer has both the ADB drivers and Lenovo drivers installed . . . you then can’t go wrong.
2. You need to have the platform-tools part of the Android SDK on your computer. From the download link scroll down until you get to the command line tools section and then download the package that is made for your operating system.
3. Once you have the SDK Manager on your computer, check the box only for the platform-tools, so you end up with the adb and fastboot binaries installed on the computer. (You could also install the drivers from there as well if you wanted.)
4. Pick up the Huawei Y300 smartphone and navigate to the Settings > About and tap your finger over the build number at least seven times so that the Developer Options menu becomes unlocked. Then go back to the Settings, enter the Developer Options menu and then enable the USB debugging mode.
5. Connect the Huawei Y300 smartphone to the computer by using the USB cable that it comes with.
6. Now on the computer open the Command Prompt and type the
adb reboot bootloader command and hit “Enter” on your keyboard to get the Huawei Y300 smartphone into the bootloader mode and ready for the flashing.
7. The Huawei Y300 smartphone needs to be unlocked before you can flash a custom recovery image on it. Do that by typing the
fastboot oem unlock command and press “Enter” on your keyboard and the device will then be unlocked.
8. Make sure you have copied the TWRP image file to the same folder as the adb and fastboot binaries. Also when you’re there, change the name of the TWRP to “twrp.img” by right-clicking the mouse pointer on it and selecting the “Rename” option from the menu.
9. From the command line type the
fastboot flash recovery twrp.imgcommand and hit “Enter” on your keyboard to flash the custom recovery.
10. Lastly type the
fastboot reboot command and as soon as the Huawei Y300 smartphone reboots, hold down the key combination to boot directly into the recovery mode. (If you don’t, sometimes the stock recovery will wipe over the custom recovery you just installed.)
The custom recovery image for the Huawei Y300 smartphone is now installed, and you are ready to boot into recovery mode and start flashing the custom ROM or rooting zip files.
You might also be interested in: