If you have recently rooted your Sony Xperia Arc and would like to take advantage of a custom recovery and all it has to offer, then we have the guide for you. If you Install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Sony Xperia Arc to be able to flash ROMs, wipe cache data and make and restore backups.
Before you begin :
- This guide will not work unless you have previously rooted your device. If you need assistance doing this you can follow our guide: How To Root Sony Xperia Arc.
- Windows 7 is the OS this guide has been designed for; ensure this is what you are running before proceeding.
- There is no need to unlock the bootloader on your device before you begin.
- This guide has been designed specifically for the Sony Xperia Arc running either Androids Gingerbread or ICS.
- Again. Ensure you have made a backup of all of your personal data.
Install ClockworkMod Recovery On Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc
Step 1. First you need to download the following zip:
Step 2. Once downloaded, you need to extract the zip folder to somewhere easy to locate such as your desktop.
Step 3. Within the folder you should be able to see the ‘RecoverX.exe’ file. Double click on this to launch the program.
Step 4. You will need to first select your device from the drop-down menu marked “Choose your device” (it’s the Xperia Arc just in case you forgot).
Step 5. Now depending on your current version of Firmware you will need to select either ‘CWM Recovery 220.127.116.11 (Android 4.0)’ or ‘CWM Recovery 18.104.22.168 (Android 2.3)’.
Step 6. Your device must have USB Debugging enabled on it to go any further. To achieve this, head to ‘Settings’ > ‘Applications’ or ‘Developments’ > ‘USB Debugging’ then place a tick in the box.
Step 7. Using your USB, connect your device to your Windows 7 computer.
Step 8. Within the RecoverX program, you will see a ‘Next’ button in the bottom right-hand corner. Click on this and you will be presented with some on-screen instructions to follow.
Step 9. You will be asked to allow/grant Superuser access on your device. Once you have agreed simply wait for the program to finish.
You can now enjoy all the things Custom Recovery has to offer and start flashing custom ROMs.
Now that your device is rooted, you can instantly download rooted apps. Furthermore, you may be interested in checking our custom ROMs.